Monday, July 14, 2014

Anatomy of Crash Scenes

The next two shots are going to be very difficult to pull off. I will need to create a couple of rigs and a down shooting system as well.

Last November or so - I tried to figure out how to animate flying wood through the air. I opted for gluing wire to wooden parts and moving them vertically. It worked, but I don't like the way it turned out. I also used my old Olympus camera and don't think the composite will work nicely.

The solution is to make a down shooter where the camera can aim down and the wooden pieces slid where they need to be in space. It gives me a lot more flexibility to move things over a larger area without the need to remove lots of wires.

Next, a rig from above needs to hold the canon and barrel as they fall. Finally, Ruble will need a rig off to the side and out of view of the camera for him to fly into the air.

Wire replacement pieces will be added into the shots to emulate a falling motion until smaller replacements get shorter and shorter. These segments will be hidden by the debris pieces that make it look as though the ship beams have split outward.

Since I finished my latest sculpture for my client I'll have a few days to work on all this. Hopefully by then we'll have one more shot completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment